Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wintertime Donations

Due to the great response to my Facebook status about needed items for the cold weather coming soon, a special post is in order.

Most of the people we share food with on Sundays are homeless.  We haven't taken any polls or anything, but after being there most Sundays for almost two years, you kind of get an idea.

Where I work I sometimes procure things people leave behind when they move out.  I've brought some items that they didn't have much use for, and some they did, which I had to distribute at random, there being no other fair way to do so.  The following items were met with enthusiasm when I brought them:

Coats
Backpacks/messenger bags/duffel bags/etc
Bars of soap

I haven't outright asked them what sort of stuff they could use, but I will do so on Sunday and post what they say.  A big thank you to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign chapter of APO and Tough Love of Washington Community High School for jumping on this opportunity to help the underclass of America.

For more information about FNB Peoria or Food Not Bombs in general, click the link on your left or click here.

In solidarity,

Ryan L.

1 comment:

  1. I like having Tough Love's name out there :)

    ReplyDelete